Country crooner Toby Keith’s song “Made in America” could be the official “Buy American” theme song. He tells us to “…spend a little more time in the store for a tag in the back that says ‘USA’…” and, it seems, more and more Americans are doing just that.
In a survey of 1,000 Americans conducted by market research firm YouGov, 81 percent of respondents said they would buy something made in the U.S. because they believe it will help support the economy. Economists think that’s a good idea, too, estimating that if we all spent one percent more on American goods – that’s 18 cents a day – 200,000 new jobs would be created.
- Check out an ABC News story that details what one American family had to do to have a truly “Made in America” home.
At A&M Tape & Packaging, we’re happy to see people are catching on. Supporting fellow manufacturers has been a way of life for us since we opened our doors in 1977. In fact, our cardboard boxes are certified as an American-made product.
Says David Perlman, founder and president of A&M Tape & Packaging, “We encourage our customers to buy local, whenever possible, because doing so supports American families and builds our economy.”
Some other good reasons for flipping the product to find out where it’s made:
- Buying American creates American jobs.
- American products are high-quality products.
- Money spent in America, on American goods, stays in America and supports our economy.
- Buying American is a patriotic thing to do. We live in a magnificent country. Support it!
Not sure where to find true red, white and blue “Made in America” products? Check out this list of helpful links.
To learn more about A&M Tape & Packaging’s American-made products, visit MrBoxOnline.com or call (800) 231-8806.